[Catalist] Why does an apple fall? Einstein's view.

gavan glknox at optusnet.com.au
Mon Oct 12 21:18:16 AEDT 2015

Hello Warren

I will be attending along with a friend

Kind regards

Gavan Knox

From: Catalist [mailto:catalist-bounces at lists.stawa.net] On Behalf Of Warren
Stannard
Sent: Monday, 12 October 2015 2:56 PM
To: catalist at lists.stawa.net
Subject: [Catalist] Why does an apple fall? Einstein's view.

Dear Science Teachers

The next Einstein-First Expert Educators Group meeting is on Friday 30th
October. The topic is.

Why does an apple fall?

The falling apple epitomises Newton's gravity: a force exerted by planet
Earth. Although this concept of gravity was overthrown by Einstein's theory
of General Relativity, Einstein's concept of gravity is rarely taught in
high school.

In this presentation, Prof. David Blair will introduce a model to help
illustrate how the consequences of Einstein's General Relativity can help
answer the simple question, 'Why does an apple fall?". This approach will
show how the effects of General Relativity can be presented without complex
mathematics and at a level high school students can understand.

The meeting will be held on Friday 30th October at UWA, 4:00pm in the
Physics tea room, level 5.

The sessions are informal and fun and refreshments will be included!

See you there.

Please reply to let me know you are coming for catering purposes.

Also, if you are receiving this email twice, let me know and I will fix my
mail-list.

Warren

Dr Warren Stannard

The Einstein-First Project