[Catalist] Teaching Gravitational Waves - reminder, Friday at UWA

Warren Stannard warren.stannard at uwa.edu.au
Tue Apr 26 11:39:15 AEST 2016

Teaching Gravitational Waves
Just as Einstein predicted 100 years ago Gravitational Waves have finally been detected. These first detections mark the birth of gravitational wave astronomy. But this is only the tip of the iceberg. In the next decades the dark side of the universe will be revealed by gravitational wave astronomy.
At our next Einstein-First Expert Educators Group meeting Prof. David Blair will be delivering a talk on the science of gravitational waves and their importance. What can they tell us about our universe? What is the future of gravitational wave astronomy? How do you present this in a classroom?
We would like to invite all Science teachers, students and others with an interest in Science to attend. Together we would like to find ways to tell your students all about this amazing new discovery.
Light refreshments will be available