[Catalist] Integrated Science Unit 3

John Mirco mircojs at iinet.net.au
Wed Apr 27 00:24:12 AEST 2016

Hi All,

I have given my students an assessment task - "Extended response (research and validation) – Climatic events impacting on the carrying capacity of a population”.  This was chosen as an assessment from the Sample Assessment Outline (perhaps unwisely).

The students are currently working on their research.  It was relatively simple to come up with a broad set of questions asking for definitions, examples of climatic events and their effect on carrying capacity etc; but I am really struggling to come up with a validation assessment.

Can anyone out there point me in a fruitful direction or provide resources?

Cheers,

John