[Catalist] Practical fieldwork with Nearer to Nature Schools

Olive, Richard Richard.Olive at DPaW.wa.gov.au
Tue Feb 9 17:33:59 AEDT 2016

Hello Catalistians,

The Department of Parks and Wildlife works to ensure that the nature of WA is protected and conserved, for its intrinsic values and to enrich people's lives.

Parks and Wildlife, through Nearer to Nature Schools, offers educational opportunities for students from Pre-Primary to Year 12 covering a range of key Biology concepts related to organisms, ecosystems and human impact on our environment.

Nearer to Nature Schools excursions are all very hands on, and delivered in our unique forest, wetland and river environments. Nearer to Nature also offers incursions if you can't make it out to one of these special locations. All activities are supported by pre and post visit tasks.

Last year 76% of teachers said the Nearer to Nature Schools experience exceeded their expectations, while 80% said it hit their curriculum perfectly. As one teacher said; "the program was extremely hands-on and got all students actively involved in their fieldwork".

To find out what's on offer from Nearer to Nature Schools in 2016, download the brochure at https://www.dpaw.wa.gov.au/get-involved/nearer-to-nature

Regards,

Richard Olive
Perth Hills Discovery Centre
Department of Parks and Wildlife

Phone: 9295 2244
Mobile: 0407 981 539
Address: 380 Allen Rd, Mundaring WA   6073

[cid:image005.jpg at 01D16346.E915B6F0]          [N2N without DEC]