[Catalist] FW: Nuclear Science Education Resources and Events from ANSTO

John Clarke john at stawa.net
Thu Feb 11 12:21:00 AEDT 2016

Good morning All,

The following may be of interest to add to your programs.

John

        No Images? Click here<http://ansto.cmail20.com/t/d-e-jhkukkd-duykidmk-s/>

[http://i1.cmail20.com/ei/d/BE/27A/03B/095028/csfinal/ANSTODiscoveryCentreheader.jpg]<http://ansto.cmail20.com/t/d-l-jhkukkd-duykidmk-r/>

Free resources and events for science teachers busy in Term 1

Term 1 Events and Resources

[http://i1.cmail20.com/ei/d/BE/27A/03B/095028/csfinal/ANSTOe-learning.jpg]<http://ansto.cmail20.com/t/d-l-jhkukkd-duykidmk-y/>
ANSTO e-learning - Free Video Conferences

Meet an expert: Our ANSTO scientists and engineers are available 12.30-3.30pm for Q&A sessions with your students on the following dates.

  *   Tuesday March 1: Henk Heijnis - studying human impacts on the environment
  *   Thursday March 3: Brett Rowling - groundwater and pollution
  *   Tuesday March 8: Helen Maynard-Casely - using neutrons to study molecular structures
  *   Tuesday May 10: Ivan Siladji - making nuclear medicines
  *   Thursday May 12: Vanessa Peterson - designing better batteries
  *   Tuesday May 17: Tom Cresswell - studying aquatic ecosystems
  *   Tuesday May 24: James Hardiman - managing nuclear waste
  *   Tuesday August 23: Tom Cresswell - studying aquatic ecosystems
  *   Thursday August 25: Brett Rowling - groundwater and pollution
  *   Tuesday August 30: Helen Maynard-Casely - using neutrons to study molecules
  *   Tuesday November 8: Karina Meredith - groundwater for the future
  *   Tuesday November 24: Kirrily Rule - superconductors

Read more about our experts and make a booking<http://ansto.cmail20.com/t/d-l-jhkukkd-duykidmk-j/>

Nuclear Science as a Human Endeavour: Your students investigate how nuclear medicines can diagnose and treat disease, and gather information about careers in nuclear science. More information<http://ansto.cmail20.com/t/d-l-jhkukkd-duykidmk-t/> on our website, and ring (02) 9717 3090 or email tours at ansto.gov.au<mailto:tours at ansto.gov.au> for bookings

Nuclear Science Inquiry Skills: Your students plan and conduct a first-hand investigation of ionising radiation using our equipment at the ANSTO Discovery Centre. More information<http://ansto.cmail20.com/t/d-l-jhkukkd-duykidmk-i/> on our website, and ring (02) 9717 3090 or email tours at ansto.gov.au<mailto:tours at ansto.gov.au> for bookings

[http://i2.cmail20.com/ei/d/BE/27A/03B/095028/csfinal/OPALImages3.jpg]<http://ansto.cmail20.com/t/d-l-jhkukkd-duykidmk-d/>
Teacher Professional Development Day

Get some fresh ideas for teaching nuclear science in the Year 9 science curriculum and Year 11 and 12 ATAR Physics and Chemistry.

Hear from prominent scientists, participate in workshops and receive new educational resources.

When: Wednesday March 30, 2016, 9am-3pm

Where: Curtin University, Bentley, WA

Cost: Free

Program: Click here<http://ansto.cmail20.com/t/d-l-jhkukkd-duykidmk-h/>

Registrations: https://goo.gl/f8hDUV<http://ansto.cmail20.com/t/d-l-jhkukkd-duykidmk-k/>

Enquiries: tours at ansto.gov.au<mailto:tours at ansto.gov.au> or (02) 9717 3090

Fact or Fiction Perth

[http://i3.cmail20.com/ei/d/BE/27A/03B/095028/csfinal/_PKR1233.jpg]

What is the science behind email? How much do you trust Dr Google? Are cats taking over the internet?

Find out at Science Fact or Fiction 2.0; a big screen experience where the World Wide Web collides with cutting edge science. Fact or Fiction 2.0 is a 90 minute show where the audience watch popular internet clips before voting on whether the information featured is actual science fact or pure science fiction. More information<http://ansto.cmail20.com/t/d-l-jhkukkd-duykidmk-u/> on our website.

Where: Bldg 210, Curtin University, Kent St, Bentley

Cost: Free

Thursday March 31

10am: Primary schools session*

12pm: High schools session*

7pm: General public show (Book online: https://factorficiton2perth.eventbrite.com.au<http://ansto.cmail20.com/t/d-l-jhkukkd-duykidmk-o/>)

Friday April 1:

10am: High school session*

*Contact us on (02) 9717 3090 or tours at ansto.gov.au<mailto:tours at ansto.gov.au> for school bookings

Online resources for science teachers and students

Videos

[http://i4.cmail20.com/ei/d/BE/27A/03B/095028/csfinal/Videos.jpg]<http://ansto.cmail20.com/t/d-l-jhkukkd-duykidmk-b/>

Games

[http://i5.cmail20.com/ei/d/BE/27A/03B/095028/csfinal/halflifehero.jpg]<http://ansto.cmail20.com/t/d-l-jhkukkd-duykidmk-n/>

Half life Hero

[http://i6.cmail20.com/ei/d/BE/27A/03B/095028/csfinal/DiscoverAnsto.jpg]<http://ansto.cmail20.com/t/d-l-jhkukkd-duykidmk-p/>

Discover ANSTO

[http://i7.cmail20.com/ei/d/BE/27A/03B/095028/csfinal/elementals.jpg]<http://ansto.cmail20.com/t/d-l-jhkukkd-duykidmk-x/>

Elementals

Classroom Posters

[http://i8.cmail20.com/ei/d/BE/27A/03B/095028/csfinal/posters.jpg]<http://ansto.cmail20.com/t/d-l-jhkukkd-duykidmk-v/>

Workbooks, fact sheets, scientist profiles and more on our website

www.ansto.gov.au/education<http://ansto.cmail20.com/t/d-l-jhkukkd-duykidmk-e/>

Like <http://ansto.cmail20.com/t/d-fb-jhkukkd-duykidmk-g/>
Tweet <http://ansto.cmail20.com/t/d-tw-jhkukkd-duykidmk-w/>
Forward <http://ansto.forwardtomyfriend.com/d-duykidmk-21FD5B00-jhkukkd-l-yd>