[Catalist] Shocking science: the natural history of animal electroreception

Maureen Gardner gardnerm at iinet.net.au
Mon Mar 14 15:27:41 AEDT 2016

Would you mind distributing this flier regarding our annual Serventy
Memorial Lecture please?

Hullo

I am the Secretary of the WA Naturalists' Club and we are having our annual
Serventy Memorial lecture to raise funds for 4 university prizes of $500 to
students of Natural History at Murdoch, ECU, Curtin and UWA.

Shaun has been highly recommended as an excellent speaker by the former
Chief Scientist Professor Lyn Beazley. It promises to be an excellent topic.

At UWA he is presently investigating the neural bases of behaviour and the
sensory ecology of vision, chemoreception, audition and electroreception in
a range of aquatic animals from coral reefs to the deep-sea. His
multidisciplinary research integrates the fields of eco-physiology,
neuroscience and marine science providing a world class platform for
research and educational outreach.

Maureen Gardner

WA Naturalists' Club