[Catalist] NGSS?

Michael McGarry mmcgarry44 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 17:00:51 AEDT 2016

Greetings CATALIST Subscribers,

Thanks Rod for alerting us to the existence of NSTA's Next Generation Science Standards.

An exploration of these websites will provide us with answers to your Questions, except Question 3:

URL 1: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Next_Generation_Science_Standards <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Next_Generation_Science_Standards>

URL 2: http://ngss.nsta.org <http://ngss.nsta.org/>

URL 3: http://ngss.nsta.org/AccessStandardsByTopic.aspx <http://ngss.nsta.org/AccessStandardsByTopic.aspx>

URL 4: http://www.nsta.org <http://www.nsta.org/>

URL 5: https://www.nap.edu/catalog/18290/next-generation-science-standards-for-states-by-states <https://www.nap.edu/catalog/18290/next-generation-science-standards-for-states-by-states>

URL 6: https://www.nap.edu/catalog/18409/developing-assessments-for-the-next-generation-science-standards <https://www.nap.edu/catalog/18409/developing-assessments-for-the-next-generation-science-standards>

URL 7: http://www.mheducation.com/prek-12/explore/ngss.html <http://www.mheducation.com/prek-12/explore/ngss.html>

URL 8: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/next-generation-science-standards/id683491579?mt=8 <https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/next-generation-science-standards/id683491579?mt=8> [Rod being a Mac man I am confident that you will ‘explore' this iTunes APP?]

YouTube URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9SrSBGDNfU <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9SrSBGDNfU>

What does it mean for our Science Teaching?

NGSS are NSTA’s (USA Schools' Science Standards, not ACARA’s and not WA SCSA Year-Level Science Achievement Standards.

However, URL 3 will show similarities between the afore-mentioned ‘National' and WA Year-Level Science Achievement Standards and NGSS.

Thanks and Best Wishes,

Michael John McGarry