[Catalist] Indigenous Australian Engineering Summer School 2017

Gabrielle Migliore gabrielle.migliore at curtin.edu.au
Fri Oct 14 13:58:24 AEDT 2016

Good morning everyone,

I have the pleasure of coordinating the Indigenous Australia Engineering Summer School for 2017.

The Indigenous Australia Engineering Summer School is run by the Faculty of Science and Engineering at Curtin University and is a 7-day live-in program to encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students to follow the path to becoming an engineer.

Each year, 25 students with an interest and aptitude in science and engineering are selected from across Australia to participate. The program involves participation in engineering laboratory activities, site visits and lectures alongside Indigenous student mentors and role models. These activities provide participants with an insight into the different disciplines of engineering and related sciences. There are also opportunities throughout the program for networking with industry professionals and to receive information on study skills, scholarship and cadetship opportunities, and alternative pathways into engineering at tertiary level. There is no cost to participants, with all travel, meals and accommodation being provided without charge.

The Indigenous Australian Engineering Summer School program for 2017 will take place between the 15 - 21 January. Students will visit projects across Perth linked to our sponsors including Aurecon, Arup, John Holland, Woodside and Honeywell. The students will also visit HMAS Stirling Naval Base, along with Curtin University on-campus experiences. The program will also be celebrated on Thursday 19 January as we host a dinner dance for the students and sponsors at the Forrest Reception Centre in Perth CBD.

Please feel free to share this email with any Indigenous students in year 9 - 12 who demonstrate an interest and aptitude in mathematics, science, physics and would benefit from attending this program.

Applications close 21 October 2016, but I will accept late ones if you contact me.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Gabrielle Migliore
Engineering Outreach Coordinator | Science and Engineering

Curtin University
Tel | +61 8 9266 7884
Mobile | 0452 384 500
Working | Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays
Email | gabrielle.migliore at curtin.edu.au<mailto:gabrielle.migliore at curtin.edu.au>
Web | http://curtin.edu.au<http://curtin.edu.au/>

Curtin University is a trademark of Curtin University of Technology.
CRICOS Provider Code 00301J