[Catalist] New Astrophiz Podcasts for Science & Physics teachers

brendan o'brien oscience2006 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 11:08:49 AEST 2016

Re: Fabulous Free Astrophiz Podcasts for Science & Physics teachers

Astrophiz is a fabulous podcast for science and physics teachers to listen to as we travel to work, exercise, clean or cook.

Each week we interview an astrophysicist, cover the latest astro news, present a radioastronomy history & theory segment, ‘what’s up in the night sky’ and tips for astrophotographers and Aurora Hunters

Direct stream or download from Soundcloud or subscribe to ‘Astrophiz Podcasts’ on iTunes.

https://soundcloud.com/astrophiz/astrophiz-podcast-9-dr-julie-banfield-radio-galaxy-zoo-dr-cherbakov-sorry-no-aliens-here <https://soundcloud.com/astrophiz/astrophiz-podcast-9-dr-julie-banfield-radio-galaxy-zoo-dr-cherbakov-sorry-no-aliens-here>

This week it's SETI, Proxima Centauri b, 'Starshot' and a great Citizen Science Project our students can also do, 'Radio Galaxy Zoo'

Astrophiz Podcast 9 is now online:

Special Guests:
Dr Julie Banfield  - CAASTRO - Canberra Australia
Dr Nadeshzda Cherbakov -  Tver, Russia

Dr Julie Banfield introduces the Radio Galaxy Zoo Citizen Science Project

Dr Nadeshzda Cherbakov explains the ‘Radio Window’ Part 1 and she requires strong evidence for any ‘alien intelligence claims aka “Sorry, no aliens here, there, or possibly anywhere.”

Dr Ian (Astroblog) Musgrave tells us about 'Starshot' and what to look for in the sky this week, and in 'Ian's Tangent' he tells us about the stars in the Centaur Constellation - Alpha, Beta and Proxima.

In the news: Proxima Centauri b, Astrophotography tips, New SKA HQ, Dark Matter Galaxy, Black holes, SETI 'signal' from HD 164595 unconfirmed.

Happy Listening

Brendan O’Brien
THOONA VIC 3726
0498591 046
oscience2006 at gmail.com
@Astrophiz <https://twitter.com/Astrophiz> on Twitter
https://www.facebook.com/AstrophizPodcast/ <https://www.facebook.com/AstrophizPodcast/>
Stream or Download Astrophiz Podcasts https://soundcloud.com/astrophiz <https://soundcloud.com/astrophiz>
Find and subscribe 'Astrophiz Podcasts’ on iTunes
Soundcloud RSS: http://feeds.soundcloud.com/users/soundcloud:users:13051063/sounds.rss