[Catalist] STEM careers webinar.

Leon Harris leon at quoll.com
Thu Apr 20 13:30:17 AEST 2017

*Greetings all! The American Association of Physics Teachers is hosting
an interesting webinar on strategies to encourage students into STEM. It
will start 8am Fri morning our time. I liked the look on the emphasis on
creative learning - sign up and participate if you are interested- you
don't have to be a member!**

Cheers,
Leon*
**

*
*

*AAPT WEBINAR: STEM Classroom to Career: Opportunities to Close the Gap*

*Thursday April 20, 2017 8 PM EST*

**

REGISTER
<http://mail.aapt.org/t/83835/7682617/7303/0/>

*Featuring Michael Conn*

Senior Vice President of Research at the Student Research Foundation

During this webinar, join Michael Conn of the Student Research
Foundation (SRF) to look at findings from a nationwide survey of
high-school students about their aspirations toward STEM career and
educational paths.

Learn about ways to encourage students to pursue STEM in general, and
physics in particular. Data from student respondents, and from related
research, suggests that equity efforts can strategically increase the
STEM workforce and help students realize their full potential. Senior
researcher, Patrick Mulvey, of the America Institute of Physics, will
also provide additional information about key findings regarding
persistence in physics education through graduate school.

<http://mail.aapt.org/t/83835/7682617/7303/0/>