[Catalist] Religions and the Theory of Biological Evolution

Tim Keely T.Keely at curtin.edu.au
Mon Aug 14 11:30:07 AEST 2017

http://listverse.com/2013/03/08/10-alternatives-to-evolution/

why not teach them all?

Please people, please.

Tim Keely

From: Catalist [mailto:catalist-bounces at lists.stawa.net] On Behalf Of Michael Podgorny JP
Sent: Monday, 14 August 2017 9:03 AM
To: catalist at lists.stawa.net
Subject: Re: [Catalist] Religions and the Theory of Biological Evolution

Dear Michael

Thanks for the posting of this article.

I believe that as an educator it is our responsibility to educate the students and deliver material to them allowing the students to make an informed decision.  This relates to theories past and present.

I am surprised that you would ask a teacher to stop teaching intelligent design and reduce the potential for the students to make informed decisions to become independent learners based on the information provided.

I also find it disconcerting that you needed to state "(a Catholic)".  It should not matter which religion you are to teach Science or scientific theories/laws/practices to students.

Michael Podgorny JP
BA, BEd, MSc, LLB (Hons), Grad Dip Leg Prac

Cert IV Workplace Trainer and Assessor

This email is confidential and may also be privileged. Any personal data in this email (including any attachments) must be handled with confidence as the contents are intended to be a confidential communication between the writer and the recipient.