[Catalist] Science meets parliament at STA's yearly event

Michael McGarry mmcgarry44 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 21:26:43 AEDT 2017

Greetings Science Colleagues,

“STA will bring science and technology professionals together in February 2018 to discuss the role of STEM in politics at their yearly Science meets Parliament event, writes Sarah Condie.”

C M URL: https://cosmosmagazine.com/society/science-meets-parliaments-at-sta-s-yearly-event <https://cosmosmagazine.com/society/science-meets-parliaments-at-sta-s-yearly-event>
STA URL 1: https://scienceandtechnologyaustralia.org.au/event/science-meets-parliament-2018/ <https://scienceandtechnologyaustralia.org.au/event/science-meets-parliament-2018/>
STA URL 2: http://scienceandtechnologyaustralia.org.au/our-members/ <http://scienceandtechnologyaustralia.org.au/our-members/>
I observe that the STA Membership List at STA URL 2 does not include the Australian Science Teachers Association [ASTA].

May I respectfully suggest that ASTA, as a very important contributor to secondary STEM education and learning in Australia, make application to become a member of Science and Technology Australia [STA]? [“New members must be nominated by one existing member and approved by the STA Board.”]

STA URL 3: https://scienceandtechnologyaustralia.org.au/become-a-member/ <https://scienceandtechnologyaustralia.org.au/become-a-member/>
May I also respectfully suggest that STA then formally invite a representative from the Australian Science Teachers Association: ASTA URL: http://asta.edu.au <http://asta.edu.au/> to attend this important forthcoming STA STEM event?

Thanks and Best Wishes,

Michael John McGarry