[Catalist] Repost (apologies if already received): Free Department of Fisheries Professional Learning Sessions in the Pilbara and Kimberley

Mark Lehmann mlehmann at mac.com
Sat Feb 18 19:22:09 AEDT 2017

Hello Educators,

Are your students interested in looking after the marine environment? Do you have budding marine scientists who could be leaders in managing our aquatic environment and resources? Do you want to teach your students about sustainable fishing and marine management? If so, you can come and learn how Department of Fisheries’ education programs develop a sense of appreciation and stewardship of the marine environment in the younger generation.

These professional learning sessions are aimed at primary, secondary and pre-service teachers. It will give a broad overview of education resources and incursion opportunities <http://marinewaters.fish.wa.gov.au/education-programs/northern-region-program/> that develop an appreciation for the marine environment and begin to build an understanding of how and why we manage the aquatic environment to ensure we have Fish for the future.

You will also learn about the free downloadable, curriculum linked resources that are available on the Marine WATERs <http://marinewaters.fish.wa.gov.au/> website.
Area
Location
Date
RSVP
West Kimberley
Broome Lotteries House (Hall 2)
Lot 642 Cable Beach Road East, Broome
Thursday 2nd March 2017
West Kimberley (click here) <https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/department-of-fisheries-professional-learning-session-broome-tickets-30450493245>
Karratha
Karratha Leisureplex – club room
Opposite Broadhurst Road, Dampier Hwy, Stove Hill
Wednesday 8th March 2017
Karratha (click here) <https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/department-of-fisheries-professional-learning-session-karratha-tickets-30480419756>
Hedland
South Hedland Lotteries House
4 Rason Link, South Hedland  <http://www.bing.com/local?lid=YN3724x523653609&id=YN3724x523653609&q=South+Hedland+Lotteries+House&name=South+Hedland+Lotteries+House&cp=-20.4108390808105%7e118.602378845215&ppois=-20.4108390808105_118.602378845215_South+Hedland+Lotteries+House&FORM=SNAPST>
Thursday 9th March 2017
Hedland (click here) <https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/department-of-fisheries-professional-learning-session-hedland-tickets-30480446837>
Light refreshments and registration from 3.45pm for a 4.00pm start.
Please RSVP at least one week before the session you are planning to attend.
For further information – jessamy.ham at fish.wa.gov.au <mailto:jessamy.ham at fish.wa.gov.au> or 9193 8600
Feel free to spread the word.
We hope you can make it!
Contact myself to organise bookings.
I wish you all the best for your 2017 school year and I look forward to working with you all soon!
Kindest Regards
Jessamy

Jessamy Ham
Community Education Officer- North
Department of Fisheries Broome
P: (08) 9193 8614 | M:0417 984 392 | E: jessamy.ham at fish.wa.gov.au <mailto:jessamy.ham at fish.wa.gov.au>
401 Port Drive, Broome | PO Box 71 Broome WA 6725
www.fish.wa.gov.au <http://www.fish.wa.gov.au/>

 <http://www.sharksmart.com.au/?utm_source=fisheries-footer&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=fisheries-footer-campaign-2016>
Mark Lehmann
mlehmann at mac.com <mailto:mlehmann at mac.com>