[Catalist] JOB: Curtin University - Science and Engineering - Science Outreach Officer

Emma Donnelly E.Donnelly at curtin.edu.au
Tue Feb 28 17:46:06 AEDT 2017

We’re looking for someone to join our team, please share amongst your contacts and networks. Thank you

Science Outreach Officer
12 months fixed-term, full-time
$78,754 - $93,413 (GJ06)

We believe that investing in dedicated people and their ideas will make tomorrow better. With this in mind, Curtin University is offering a Science Outreach Officer position within the School of Science. Curtin Science Outreach is an award winning program, in 2016 we won both a WA Premier’s Science Award and Eureka Prize. We are a large team and run a range of programs and activities across the state, from school visit to education conferences, from citizen science programs to residential science camps.

As a Science Outreach Officer, your role will be a dynamic and fast paced, you will deliver key programs within science outreach under the direction of the Science Outreach Manager. Key Elements of the position are coordination (of activities), liaison (with outreach teams, Academic staff, Faculty and University Marketing staff) and partnership building (with schools, students, scientists and industry) in particular in the area of geoscience.

This unique opportunity will allow you to utilise your strong written and oral communication skills to present complex science concepts to different audiences. Great organisations skills and an ability to work with multiple stakeholders to develop and deliver events and programs is a must.

Completion of a tertiary qualification in education/and or science with subsequent relevant teaching experience or equivalent knowledge and experience. Proven ability to liaise and collaborate with schools and other relevant institutions and industry bodies is paramount to your success in this position.

Curtin Science Outreach is great team and we’re looking for someone who is keen, passionate, positive and hard working to join us, we strive to be innovative and forward looking in everything we do. As an organisation Curtin is agile as an organisation, committed to leadership, innovation and excellence. One of Australia’s largest universities, Curtin has over 50,000 students and is well placed to realise its vision of being a recognised international leader in research and education.

This role is full time and cannot be offered as a part time position.

Contact Person: Gina Pearse, Science Outreach Manage, on telephone 9266 7168
Contact Email:  gina.pearse at curtin.edu.au

For further information, to apply or for PD please visit Curtin University job site or https://webkiosk.curtin.edu.au/recruit/WK8127$APP.draw_attachments?P_VACANCY_REF_NO=4605&P_CALLER_URL=WK8127ZZDOLLARZZAPP.QueryListZZQMARKZZZ_VACANCY_CAT=GENZZAMPZZZ_ORDER_BY=1