[Catalist] PD - Scientific Robotics

Leon Harris leon at quoll.com
Thu Jan 12 13:41:11 AEDT 2017

Greenwood Arduino Group is having a pd that may be of interest to some.

Date: Tuesday 24^th Jan 2017 10am onwards: Robotics Science Meeting

Location: Rockingham – my house (address supplied on contact)

In the traditions of the Greenwood Arduino group, for this holiday’s
get-together, I will be running a little show-and-tell of my upcoming
Scientific Robotics course. This course has a much more of a “materials
science” and “maker” flavour to it than perhaps some others. Bluetooth
and phone integration will be demonstrated, though sadly “Mr Wong” sent
me the wrong boards so I can’t do giveaways on this! At any rate, there
will be heaps of code and some material give-aways, some startling and
fun links between robotics and nanotechnology, and the general mixture
of visionary, dreamer, trend-setter and crackpot that occurs whenever
the GAG meets. In our tradition, this get together is open to all
comers, $10 in the pot buys lunch and whatever goodies (with any
leftover split between contributors).

Proposed items: Items raised by attendees, Power Coding skills (4 week
module in course), Insulting Yo mamma with an Arduino, Resistance, and
the art of making microphones from cups, Sensors and the science they
are based upon, Making and understanding motors, “Shock your Clacker”
activity (settle down !), Emerging technologies (including
Nanotechnology) for possible future robots, and repurposing toys as robots.

BYO Arduino + toys, some will be available for loan.

PD cert for 4h will be supplied

RSVP: leon at quoll.com

Limit: 15

ps: I am away for the next 2 days -so my replies may be a little slow.

Cheers,

Leon