[Catalist] education opportunity for students

Rahul Kumar Choudhary rkc.girija at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 15:44:02 AEST 2017

Dear all,
The Einstein-First project team, UWA has a really exciting new one day
program that we just tested on year 10 students at the Gravity Research
Centre. (but it is suitable/adaptable for years 8-12)
We would like to find a couple more classes to test the program with. It
involves introduction to both gravity waves and modern quantum optics, and
includes 3 experiments in quantum optics and interference. We would of
course discuss the new gravity waves/black hole discovery announced couple
of days ago.

The program involves role play, toy experiments, real experiments with
students to explain things in a simple and lucid manner.

We wondered if you would be interested in bringing a group up to Gingin for
a day.

The program will be best for about 15-20 students, but we could probably
double up if it was better for teachers to bring a larger group.

We would like to do this as soon as possible such as the last week of
semester. We would test the students on attitudes and knowledge before and
after, and ask teachers to get each student to do a  one page report on the
program.

Please click on the link below to see the flyer
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxd823e87GeNbW93SEVQTVlqdjQ/view?usp=sharing

Regards,
Rahul

--