[Catalist] Genetics question for Bio/ Human Bio Teachers

Sarah Kelley Sarah.Kelley at plc.wa.edu.au
Thu Oct 26 17:09:21 AEDT 2017

Hi Greg

The question states “what is the probability that they will produce an affected daughter?”, indicating that there is the possibility of having a boy, the girl is not the guaranteed gender of the unborn child so the probability would be 25%.

Sarah Kelley
Year 7 Learning Coordinator | Science Teacher
Presbyterian Ladies' College | 14 McNeil Street, Peppermint Grove WA 6011
Tel: +61 8 9460 6122 | http://www.plc.wa.edu.au<http://www.plc.wa.edu.au/>

-----
[cid:OpenGardenDay_9944f08b-f0fc-4dd0-9b0d-7c492134bc49.jpg]<https://www.plc.wa.edu.au/connected-community/committees-support-groups/open-garden-day/>