[Catalist] Belief in Creationist Pseudoscience in Australia renaissance

Leon Harris leon at quoll.com
Sun Apr 1 22:07:47 AEST 2018

I don't think the risk is that high Brendan.
In the state sector, they are very accountable for incompetence, and the
secular system, with it's Standards division will eat them.

In the private sector, in my experience, professional science teachers
put a lot of pressure for this not to happen. The triennial cycle of
re-registration, and the extensive dependence on the state purse of
almost all but the most elite private schools means it is a most
dangerous path. Given a choice of losing 9-10 K$ per student per year,
or hanging out a lay preacher in 10-5 Science out to dry, I am pretty
sure the way most schools will go.

So other than the occasional snipe, I am pretty sure that most
fundamentalist religious schools in WA do a pretty good job of teaching
science.
If you have evidence of one that is not, make a complaint via
http://www.des.wa.gov.au/schooleducation/nongovernmentschools/info-ngs/School_registration/Pages/default.aspx
and cc Bethany Hiatt into it.

Cheers,
Leon