[Catalist] Belief in Creationist Pseudoscience in Australia renaissance

Leon Harris leon at quoll.com
Tue Apr 3 09:35:24 AEST 2018

Agreed !
Furthermore, I would make the case that there are a large number of
people of the Christian faith who work in schools and whose contribution
to education is profound. For some, the community service aspect of
their faith is a key driver of their work, and leads to a
disproportionate impact and effort. I think we can all think of a
student services person, or a teacher (often mathematics or chemistry)
who is in that mould.

Hence the need for tolerance and coexistence. To my mind, if it has no
effect on the academic quality of the teaching, then personal belief
really is none of my business.

Thanks for an interesting and stimulating conversation.

Cheers,
Leon
(back to imaging Raspberry pi's, writing tissue culture manuals and
making exam keys!)