[Catalist] Belief in Creationist Pseudoscience in Australia renaissance - Standards for discourse

gpmcmahon1 gpmcmahon1 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 21:16:02 AEST 2018

Thank you for posting that Leon. I  felt much the same but, alas, remained silent.Graham

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: Leon Harris <leon at quoll.com> Date: 6/4/18  6:46 pm  (GMT+08:00) To: Catalist <catalist at lists.stawa.net> Subject: Re: [Catalist] Belief in Creationist Pseudoscience in Australia renaissance - Standards for discourse

    This discussion up until recently was
      characterised by a high degree of respectfulness and polite
      discussion of differing views.

      You should be aware of the following points:

      1) this is a public mail list and both your views and the manner
      in which you conduct yourself is permanently available to the
      public and future employers.

      2) We are all science teachers here and share a common goal of
      advancing the profession. While we identify and classify ourselves
      based on the differences we see, what we share in common is much
      larger.

      3) Please avoid needless bad language - if a point can be made
      without using a swear word, it generally has a bigger reach and
      impact that if it does use such a word.

      4) Be kind to each other- life is short!

      Have a nice weekend,

      Leon