[Catalist] Physics of throwing a discus

John Clarke john at stawa.net
Wed Apr 11 14:05:45 AEST 2018

Thanks, Glenda.

Though the coach should know better when it comes to a safe place to stand.

John Clarke
CEO
STAWA
Unit 6/1270-1274 Albany Highway
Cannington WA 6107
PO Box 7310 Karawara WA 6152
P (08) 9244 1987 | F (08) 9244 2601 | web:  http://www.stawa.net<http://www.stawa.net/> | mail: john at stawa.net

From: Catalist <catalist-bounces at lists.stawa.net> on behalf of Glenda Leslie <gleslie at ais.wa.edu.au>
Date: Wednesday, 11 April 2018 at 8:46 am
To: "catalist at lists.stawa.net" <catalist at lists.stawa.net>
Subject: [Catalist] Physics of throwing a discus

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-04-11/dani-stevens-quest-to-throw-70-metres-in-discus/9555326
This is an excellent item about throwing a discus by the Commonwealth Games athlete Dani Stevens. Goes into energy transfer, momentum, body positions and discus angles. It would be great for Year 8 and even Yr 10 physics.

Cheers,
Glenda

Glenda Leslie
Curriculum Consultant | Science
Working Days: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday
[AISWA Logo]<https://www.ais.wa.edu.au/>

Association of Independent Schools of Western Australia
Mobile    0438 115 914
Direct     (08) 9441 1628
Email     gleslie at ais.wa.edu.au
Suite 3, 41 Walters Drive, Osborne Park, WA 6017
PO Box 1817 Osborne Park DC WA 6916
www.ais.wa.edu.au <https://www.ais.wa.edu.au>

I acknowledge that this land that I live and work on is Whadjuk country and that the Whadjuk Noongar people are the traditional owners and custodians, who have a rich social, spiritual and historical connection to this country, which is as strong today, as it was in the past.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager on the above phone number. Although the company has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email, the company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments.