[Catalist] iDome in need of a new home

Pete Wheeler pete.wheeler at uwa.edu.au
Thu Feb 8 12:34:29 AEDT 2018

Dear Catalistians,
We have a "compact immersive visualisation environment” known as an iDome that we no longer need. Here’s a webpage and a YouTube link describing/showing what an iDome is and how it can be used.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inxbRZDqjt4
http://www.icinema.unsw.edu.au/technologies/idome/

Here<https://www.dropbox.com/s/wkftb7xvkft65wl/iDome.jpg?dl=0> is a pic of our iDome. It’s about 2.5 metres high (the top is cut off so it’s not a perfect hemisphere), approx. 3 metres wide and approx. 2 metres deep.

Along with the shell, we can provide the mirror and a desktop computer—so all you would need in terms of hardware is a good/bright projector. If you have a use for this equipment and would like to take it off our hands, please let me know.

Thanks
Regards
Pete

Pete Wheeler
Outreach, Education and Communications Manager

Ph: +61 8 6488 7758
Mobile: +61 423 982 018

[http://s3-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/icrar.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/06160138/image001.png]
<http://www.icrar.org>www.icrar.org<http://www.icrar.org/about/>    Subscribe to our eNewsletter<http://www.icrar.org/#subscribe>    ICRAR on Twitter<http://twitter.com/icrar>   ICRAR on Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/pages/ICRAR/199692286227>