[Catalist] How to detect and remove Genieo for Mac?

Michael McGarry mmcgarry44 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 12:37:38 AEDT 2018

Greetings Science Colleagues,

My Trend Micro Antivirus [TMA] for Mac has detected and quarantined Genieo on my MacBook Pro [Late 2013].

Have any colleagues found Genieo programs on their Macs? TMA has been unsuccessful in cleaning Genieo from my MacBook Pro.

This MAC-ISSUES website URL: https://www.macissues.com/2014/04/23/how-to-detect-and-remove-genieo-for-mac/ <https://www.macissues.com/2014/04/23/how-to-detect-and-remove-genieo-for-mac/> provides ‘complicated' removal advise.

I am reluctant to fully follow the complicated removal advice from MAC-ISSUES as I have not experienced any adverse effects from Genieo on my MacBook Pro.

Should I ignore ‘quarantined' Genieo on my MacBook Pro?

Thanks and Best Wishes,

Michael John McGarry