[Catalist] Teaching Science to Students with ADHD

Jessica Van der merwe jessica.vdm at icloud.com
Thu May 31 13:16:14 AEST 2018

Hi all,

I am new to Catalist. Not sure how it all works but I thought I would give it a got. I am just after some teaching strategies for teaching students with ADHD. I am fairly good at including many activities that get students moving around the room and collaborating with one another. I am also good at clarifying instructions and transitioning students from one activity to another. However, I feel as though I am lacking in parts of the lesson where I need all students to work individually on a written task such as practicing exam questions or answering questions from a text book. I don't always want to be disciplining my ADHD students for disrupting the class during these times or for not doing the work. I would prefer not to have all strategies involving devices.

Kind regards,

Jess Bent