[Catalist] Teaching Science to Students with ADHD

Katie Halder katiehalder at gmail.com
Thu May 31 17:22:11 AEST 2018

I have had success with sticking the rough side of velcro under the desk.
Not to stick them in place ;-) but it is very tactile and it seems to help
keep them focused - they can feel the velcro whilst listening etc. Put it
where they can reach it with their non writing hand so they can use it
while working.. If it is under the desk the other students do not know it
is there.
I think just the act of trying to help solve the problem helps too. The
student can see that you are trying to help them do better in class and
tries to do better.

Good luck,

Katie