[Catalist] All-Day Activity at Murdoch University

GRAEME THOMPSON gralin74 at iinet.net.au
Wed Nov 7 19:16:00 AEDT 2018

Hi hard working teachers,

Once again in June 2019, the Extractive Metallurgical Group, which is
part of the School of Engineering and IT at Murdoch University, in
conjunction with Rio Tinto, are running their STEM Outreach Incursion to
Murdoch Uni.The all-day event involves a background talk to the
students, followed by four(4) hands-on activities in areas relating to
the Minerals Industry. These involve; Metallurgical Chemistry (Chemical
Analysis), Statistics in Mining, Mineral Processing (froth flotation,
magnetic and electrostatic separation) and Hydrometallurgy and
Pyrometallurgy. It is primarily aimed at Academic Year 10, 11 or 12
students.

The day runs from 9 am to 2.30 pm. The only cost is getting to uni and
students and staff providing, or buying, their own lunch, Schools need
to provide 1 staff member for each 20 students, or part thereof.

We do have a vacancy for up to 50 students on Thursday June 6. I do
realise that this is probably in the midst of your exam time for a
number of school, but such is life. In addition, we have room for a
small number of students on Tuesday June 4 (10 - 12 students), Tuesday
June 25 (6-8 students) and Wednesday June 26 (5 - 7 students).

Should you wish to find out more about the day you can either ring or
email me (info below), but bear in mind that I will be filling vacancies
on a first come, first served basis.Just a gentle reminder to not click
'reply' but email me at either

gralin74 at iinet.net.au, or

G.Thompson at murdoch.edu.au

Finally, whilst I will not be in the office tomorrow, I will check
emails every now and then (a couple of times), but not in the afternoon
as I will be doing something very important - playing Lawn Bowls :).

Kind regards,

  Graeme.

  Graeme Thompson

  Mr Graeme Thompson

Rio-Tinto-Murdoch University STEM Outreach Programme Co-ordinator

School of Engineering and Information Technology

Extractive Metallurgy

Murdoch University

South St

Murdoch WA   6150

G.Thompson at murdoch.edu.au <mailto:G.Thompson at murdoch.edu.au>

Room    245.2.052 (Science and Computing)

Phone  +61 (0)8 9360 2831

Mob.    +61 (0)439 308 577

Sig option 4 - image

---