[Catalist] Astronomy Citizen Science in National Science Week

Kirsten Gottschalk kirsten.gottschalk at uwa.edu.au
Mon Aug 12 11:50:01 AEST 2019

Happy National Science Week!

If you’re looking for an activity to engage some minds this week (or any week!) help our local astronomers at ICRAR with our new Citizen Science Project AstroQuest!

Astroquest.net.au<http://Astroquest.net.au>

Be an AstroQuester and do real astronomy!

Astronomers have been looking deep into the Universe and surveying millions of galaxies. But to help find discoveries in these surveys we need to carefully identify the boundary of every galaxy. Computers are pretty good at this, but they don’t always get it right. That’s where you come in! We need your help to inspect each galaxy and make sure we have the right result.

Teacher guides are available for both primary and secondary levels to support AstroQuest in the classroom.: https://astroquest.net.au/teachers/

We’re happy to send a pack of reward magnets out for your students, just send us an email with your address details and we’ll send them out the same day. Rewards: https://www.instagram.com/p/BvBBh-0BZka/

Feel free to get in touch if you have any questions or would like some help! We hope you have a great (and space-filled) national science week!

All the best,
Kirsten

Kirsten Gottschalk
Astronomy Ambassador

Ph: +61 8 6488 7771
Mobile: +61 438 361 876

[http://s3-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/icrar.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/06160138/image001.png]
<http://www.icrar.org>www.icrar.org<http://www.icrar.org/about/> | Subscribe to our eNewsletter<http://www.icrar.org/#subscribe> | ICRAR on Twitter<http://twitter.com/icrar> | ICRAR on Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/pages/ICRAR/199692286227>

I am in office and available from 8-4 Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday.