[Catalist] Opportunity for a sessional Physics tutor - ECU South West

Michelle AUSTIN m.austin at ecu.edu.au
Tue Feb 12 15:25:46 AEDT 2019

Hello STAWA members

My name is Steven Hinckley, and I am from Edith Cowan University at Joondalup.

We are currently running an introductory physics unit at our Bunbury campus for Engineering students. Unfortunately, the sessional tutor we have been using will be unavailable this coming semester, and we are looking for someone to fill-in for them for Semester 1 (during late Feb to June).

The unit covers introductory physics, and is restricted to two modules: (i) Newtonian Mechanics, and (ii) Electric and Magnetic Fields. The unit is delivered at an algebraic level of mathematics.

We are currently seeking someone who could cover this unit at Bunbury. The lectures are video-recorded on the Joondalup campus, and Bunbury students view this material at their leisure. However, the tutorial (2 hours per week for 12 weeks; paid at about $150 per hour)) and labs (four 2 hour labs spread through the semester; paid at about $50 per hour)) will need face-to-face delivery. If you know of anyone who would be appropriate, please pass this information on to them. Alternately, if you could send me their contact details, I will arrange to contact them directly.

Please note that ECU adheres to the Federal Government requirement for +1 qualifications. That is, as this unit sits in an undergraduate degree, all staff delivering the unit material must have one Physics qualification above an undergraduate program containing at least a Physics major (such as Honours or a Masters) - a Physics PhD student would be acceptable or someone with a Physics background who has retired.  Alternately, considerable experience at delivering Physics education programs (at least to ATAR Physics standard) would also be accepted.

Kind regards

Steven

Associate Professor Steven Hinckley
Physics Discpline
School of Science
Edith Cowan University
Phone: (08) 6304 5710
Email: s.hinckley at ecu.edu.au

This e-mail is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient you must not disclose or use the information contained within. If you have received it in error please return it to the sender via reply e-mail and delete any record of it from your system. The information contained within is not the opinion of Edith Cowan University in general and the University accepts no liability for the accuracy of the information provided.

CRICOS IPC 00279B
RTO PROVIDER 4756