[Catalist] Proposed PD on Metallurgy

GRAEME THOMPSON gralin74 at iinet.net.au
Mon May 20 18:50:33 AEST 2019

Good afternoon hard working teachers,

We (Murdoch University and Rio Tinto) are planning on running an all-day
Teacher PD entitled "The Physics and Chemistry of Extractive Metallurgy"
on Thursday July 11, 2019 (Yes, I know that it is in the holidays - a
special for country folk). The workshop begins at 8.45 am and concludes
at 4 pm, followed by a relaxing cheese and wine/whatever social. It will
involve a talk on the industry, 3 hands on sessions dealing  with
components of extractive metallurgy and a summary session. Numbers will
be limited to a maximum of 18.

*Where*: Murdoch University

*Cost:* This is the killer. It is *free*, including lunch and morning
tea and also drinks and cheese and nibblies

Please contact me for a flyer, expressions of interest or to ask any
questions.

*Contact Details*

Mr Graeme Thompson

Rio-Tinto-Murdoch University STEM Outreach Programme Co-ordinator

College of Science, Health, Engineering and Education

Murdoch University

South St

Murdoch WA   6150

G.Thompson at murdoch.edu.au <mailto:G.Thompson at murdoch.edu.au>