[Catalist] MSC Education Launch - National Science Week

Nicole Lehmann NIcole.Lehmann at dpird.wa.gov.au
Mon Aug 10 22:44:58 AEST 2020

The Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) will be launching their new education resources in celebration of National Science Week 2020, for which the theme is Deep Blue: Innovations for the future of our oceans.

The resources will be launched on Monday 17th August, 11.30am (EST) via an online lesson for teachers and students, Ending Overfishing: Virtual Classroom with Marine Scientists<https://aus01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.scienceweek.net.au%2Fevent%2Fending-overfishing-virtual-classroom-with-marine-scientists%2F&data=02%7C01%7CNIcole.Lehmann%40fish.wa.gov.au%7C35a8ba163b6f4ad2e9f208d83a93d3f5%7C7b5e7ee62d234b9aabaaa0beeed2548e%7C0%7C0%7C637323753910604010&sdata=X%2BwaV%2B931yEUbz2JwQxioXigSKkhhusJdVFLQZIDNGA%3D&reserved=0>.

In this virtual lesson, students will learn about fish adaptations, the marine food web, and why Ending Overfishing is essential for the future of our big blue ocean.

This one-hour session will be hosted by Ocean Conservationist and Former presenter of Channel 7’s ‘Get Clever’ Laura Wells, Shark Biologist Dr Adrian Gutteridge and our resident Star Teacher, Mark Dunn.

The lesson is targeted at Science and Geography students (age 10-12+), however classes from all subject areas and age groups are welcome to join!

Teachers and students will also have the opportunity to test their knowledge in a ’Sustainable Oceans’ quiz to win an annual subscription to National Geographic Kids magazine.

We warmly welcome you to join this session, and hope you will please share the event with your school, teacher network and friends.

[cid:image002.png at 01D66C94.BB7A1C70]