[Catalist] Jenny Donovan

John Clarke john at stawa.net
Wed Jul 8 11:05:40 AEST 2020

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

Unfortunately I have more sad news. Vaille Dawson has just informed me of the passing of Jenny Donovan, and wishes to share the following message.

“I need to let you know that one of our dear friends Dr Jenny Donovan died last night after a five year battle with cancer – she was determined to make it to the five year survival mark. Jenny was a mentor, friend, peer and colleague. Many of you will have worked with Jenny over the years through her work at SCSA (when it was Curriculum Council), ECU and Curtin, the Association for Human Biology and as a teacher at Ursula Frayne and other schools. Jenny was a passionate supporter of the human biology course and made it what it was today. She also showed in her PhD with Grady Venville that with support very young children can understand so called difficult concepts like DNA structure.”

Jenny was a great servant to science education in WA.  Please email to me a memory of Jenny that you would like to share with others via SCIOS - a paragraph, a photo, to help us give a fitting tribute to Jenny’s life as a science educator and friend.

Regards,

John

John Clarke
CEO