[Catalist] Online Summative Assessments

Anthony Britza BritzaA at tranby.wa.edu.au
Sun Mar 22 17:18:39 AEDT 2020

Hi all

While I think I am getting my head around online and remote lesson, I am wondering how people are thinking about assessments.

There seems to be many great ways to do formative assessment but I do worry about summative – especially if we would not be able to ‘invigilate’ test, responses, lab writeups, etc.. I wonder how these assessments can be considered fair and valid.

Has anyone given any thought to summative assessments?

Thanks
Anthony

Anthony Britza
Dean of Curriculum and Staffing
Dean of Studies (10 - 12)

BritzaA at tranby.wa.edu.au<mailto:BritzaA at tranby.wa.edu.au”>
Tranby College
90 Arpenteur Drive, Baldivis W.A. 6171
P.O. Box 2186, Rockingham DC. 6967
Phone: (08) 9524 2424, Fax: (08) 9524 2428
www.tranby.wa.edu.au<http://www.tranby.wa.edu.au>

[https://tranby.cms.io/upload/tranby_signature_2018.jpg]

Important Information: This e-mail is private and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please advise us by return e-mail immediately, and delete the e-mail and any attachments without using or disclosing the contents in any way. The views expressed in this e-mail are those of the author, and do not represent those of Tranby College unless this is clearly indicated. It is the responsibility of the recipient to check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. Tranby College accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.