[Catalist] Murdoch University's new outreach website

Caitlin Sweeney Caitlin.Sweeney at murdoch.edu.au
Fri May 1 14:31:44 AEST 2020

Dear Teachers

We are very excited to announce the launch of the Murdoch University Outreach website. https://www.murdoch.edu.au/industry-and-community/education/workshops-for-high-schools

This website now displays the information for all our current workshops, programs and projects. We have been working hard to convert a selection of workshops to an online forum as well as new initiatives we have developed to support online learning in your schools. Please note When face-to-face engagements are permitted, the full suite of curriculum-linked workshops and programs will be available for booking

Some exciting new initiatives that your students can take part in are:

Murdoch Fun Fridays - an exciting online, interactive Trivia Challenge run over 9 weeks - which can be directly accessed by your students at 4pm every Friday (from 8 May). We know how much your students enjoy competitions & winning prizes. We realise that some students may still be participating in online learning from home, and many will be back in the classroom, so we have developed 'Murdoch Fun Fridays', a series of exciting, interactive, online Trivia Quizzes / Challenges for students, that will run every Friday at 4:00pm from May 8th. Please see attached a Flyer that tells you how you can participate. This initiative will help students in and outside of the classroom connect and compete with one another in these isolating times. Students can take part every Friday after school at 4:oo PM AWST as our quiz and quizmaster are streamed online. Each week, students will compete in a series of curriculum-linked subjects for their chance to win a series of JB Hi-Fi Vouchers! If you would like to try it out for yourself we are holding a special quiz tonight for teachers at 7:30pm. Join the Facebook event at https://www.facebook.com/events/1487407974769673

Murdoch Minds Podcast Series - We know that connecting students with inspiring role models can have a significant impact on a student's studies and outlook.  The Outreach team will soon launch an all new podcast where we interview academic and research staff from across the campus on their careers and current research projects. Join us as we explore the minds of some of Murdoch University's most interesting investigators, hear the advice they have for students wanting to study in their field, and also what they wish they had known when they were in Year 11 and 12!  (Coming soon)

We are continually working to expand the range of activities on offer and will update the website regularly as new workshops become available. For more information on the current programs available visit our new website https://www.murdoch.edu.au/industry-and-community/education/workshops-for-high-schools

To make a booking, or if you would like to discuss any workshops / activities, please email us at Outreach at murdoch.edu.au<mailto:Outreach at murdoch.edu.au>.

We look forward to working with you and your students online

Caitlin Sweeney
Outreach Officer

On behalf of the whole outreach team

Domestic Engagement