[Catalist] FW: Science ASSIST

John Clarke john at stawa.net
Mon Nov 23 17:51:59 AEDT 2020

Hi All,

ASTA is seeking help to retain the Science Assist program that supports teachers and lab techs in both Primary and Secondary schools.

With three weeks to go to the December 11 deadline, we are still 160 schools (nationally) short of the 800 schools required to allow Science Assist to continue. Hence we are extremely keen to receive more expressions of interest from schools to subscribe ($150 per year), and are using every channel possible to ensure that this message gets to schools. Hence if you have any contact with science teachers and/or Heads of Department over the next few weeks, and get the chance to mention this is any discussions, that would be extremely helpful.

Details and links to register interest below.

Regards,
John

John Clarke
CEO
STAWA
Unit 6/1270-1274 Albany Highway
Cannington WA 6107
PO Box 7310 Karawara WA 6152
P (08) 9244 1987 | F (08) 9244 2601 | web:  http://www.stawa.net<http://www.stawa.net/> | mail: john at stawa.net<mailto:john at stawa.net>

[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/26a3f4564962464c2b81ff4d0/images/c73f4a50-a42e-4c44-b14f-31cb49d988a2.jpg]
Science ASSIST e-News
Urgent action required

[https://mcusercontent.com/e473111023df25e0fb57d4ea5/images/def60dc0-7c85-489e-8d24-abb75d7c910d.jpg]
We need your help!

In our last newsletter we let you know that we were about halfway to the number of Expressions of Interest (EOIs) from schools required to enable us to continue our service .

We still have a long way to go!

If we do not reach 800 Expressions of Interest, prior to Friday 11 December 2020, Science ASSIST will no longer be a viable service to continue.

You can help us by:

  *   submitting an EOI from your school as soon as possible if you have not already done so.
  *   encouraging other schools to do this as soon as possible.
Note: no fees are payable for 2020.

Accessing new resources

Some people have had problems accessing the new resources that we linked to in our last newsletter.

This is because you need to have a subscriber level account AND be logged in to access them.

If you are not logged in and try to access the new resource, then you will see a message stating 'Access denied You are not authorized to access this page'.

If you have a subscriber level account, you can log in and go to the 'Resources' tab on the red ribbon, you will be able to see all the resources. You will also be able to view all the answers to recent questions.

If you have not yet submitted an EOI, then follow the instructions below so that you are able to access all resources, including the questions and answers on the website.

Thank you to every school that has already completed the Expression of Interest (EOI) to subscribe to Science ASSIST and support our move to a subscription service.

If you would like to express your interest in subscribing to Science ASSIST and you are not an Australian school, we are offering two other categories of subscriptions: Australian (Non-schools and individuals) and Overseas. The fees for these will be $300 and $400 respectively, for 2021. Further details can be found at the 'About ASSIST' page at https://assist.asta.edu.au/about-assist<https://asta.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=e473111023df25e0fb57d4ea5&id=4b3d4202aa&e=34a45ef11f>

Whilst most of the existing content will remain freely accessible as long as the website is operational, new, and updated materials, including the online question and answer service, will only be accessible with a valid subscription.

Instructions for submitting an Expression of Interest to subscribe to Science ASSIST:

The Australian Science Teachers Association (ASTA) is seeking your support through your expression of interest in subscribing to this service. ASTA will charge an annual subscription of $150 per subscribing Australian school, payable in January, assuming that there is enough interest.

If your school expresses an interest this year (2020) to subscribing in 2021, Science ASSIST will give you a free subscriber-level account for the rest of 2020. This will enable you to have access to new and updated materials, including the online question and answer service, which will only be accessible with a valid username and password.

To enable the subscriber-level account, your school will need to appoint a contact person, who is responsible for the management of your school’s subscription. There will be one username and password for each school, but this will allow more than one person to be logged in at a time. It will be the responsibility of your school to ensure that the subscription information is only provided to and used by staff employed by your school.

Steps to express an interest in subscribing to Science ASSIST:

  1.  Your school’s contact person completes the Expression of Interest form found at https://forms.gle/dQNBz1sTo4QxSvo9A<https://asta.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=e473111023df25e0fb57d4ea5&id=b8af48e857&e=34a45ef11f>
  2.  Science ASSIST will forward your contact person a username and a one-time login for the Science ASSIST website after your form has been submitted.
  3.  Your school contact person will be able to login and set the password and can then provide the login details to school staff members wishing to access the website.
  4.  Science ASSIST will contact your school later in the year about subscribing to the service in 2021, assuming that there is enough interest in continuing the service. It is expected that an invoice will be issued for the 2021 subscription, which will be payable by 31 January 2021.
If you are unable to access the form via your school network, we recommend you try accessing the Expression of Interest form via external means. All information provided is being used as per our privacy policy.  Access to the Google form is only required for the EOI form and does not affect normal access to the Science ASSIST website.

To discuss the service or if you have any other questions, please contact Teresa Gigengack, Science ASSIST Coordinator via labsupport at asta.edu.au<mailto:labsupport at asta.edu.au>

Did you know that Science ASSIST has a Facebook page?
Follow us to receive regular reminders about what is on the website and please share with your Facebook friends. https://www.facebook.com/ScienceAssist/<https://asta.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=e473111023df25e0fb57d4ea5&id=c83ba9a956&e=34a45ef11f>

Science ASSIST is sponsored by
BAE Systems

[https://mcusercontent.com/e473111023df25e0fb57d4ea5/images/0340cd74-3037-4434-9e7a-c6c1b3c39841.jpg]

[Facebook]<https://asta.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=e473111023df25e0fb57d4ea5&id=65ec148a60&e=34a45ef11f>

[Website]<https://asta.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=e473111023df25e0fb57d4ea5&id=fc89525ac9&e=34a45ef11f>

Geoff Quinton
Immediate Past President
past_president at asta.edu.au<mailto:past_president at asta.edu.au>
Australian Science Teachers Association
M: 0423 922 539
W: www.asta.edu.au<http://www.asta.edu.au>

ASTA
PO Box 334
Deakin West  ACT  2600

This email is intended for the use of the named individual or entity and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any dissemination, distribution or copying by anyone other than the intended recipient of this email is strictly prohibited, a breach of this may result in legal action.  If this email is received in error, please inform the sender and destroy it immediately.