[Catalist] 2021 Nearer to Nature High School Brochure is now available!

Stephen Crane stephen.crane at dbca.wa.gov.au
Wed Sep 9 18:28:08 AEST 2020

Hi everyone.

If possible, can you please forward this message to your networks as appropriate.

Many thanks
Stephen C

Hello,

2020 has been a very different year for all of us. Schools are now looking to get their students outdoors for safe supportive learning experiences and looking forward to 2021.  This is where Parks and Wildlife's Nearer to Nature can be of great assistance.

Our role is to provide curriculum linked excursions and incursions for Schools across the Perth metro region.  Our programs use hands-on activities in the natural environment to complement and extend what students learn in the classroom. Check out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4x8vC1UZnA&feature=emb_logo to get an idea of our operation.

We have just released our Nearer to Nature High School brochure for 2021 and it is available online at https://www.dpaw.wa.gov.au/get-involved/nearer-to-nature/schools .  We continue to offer a wide range of hands-on excursions and incursions for Science and Geography across our five themes - forests, threatened species, culture, fire and rivers and wetlands.  We have been able to hold our prices at the 2020 level, which is good news.

Our Leaders are experienced in the programs they are delivering.  All Leaders have WWCC cards,  First Aid training and experience working in the natural environment.

We have also experienced an increase in demand this year so please book as early as possible using our online enquiry system - https://parksandwildlife.rezdy.com/catalog/280671/n2n-schools-secondary-current.  A number of schools could not get their preferred dates this year and some schools missed out.  We don't want any schools missing out on our curriculum linked hands-on programs!

The Nearer to Nature team look forward to engaging with your students in 2021.

Yours in the environment

Stephen Crane
Nearer to Nature Schools Program Coordinator
Perth Hills Discovery Centre
Department of Biodiversity Conservation and Attractions
380 Allen Rd
Mundaring,   6073

Ph       92952244
Mob  0404819175
Stephen.crane at dbca.wa.gov.au<mailto:Stephen.crane at dbca.wa.gov.au>

[cid:image005.jpg at 01D686C6.323C7D80]
[cid:image006.jpg at 01D686C6.323C7D80]

This message is confidential and is intended for the recipient named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not disclose, use or copy the message or any part of it. If you received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this message, then delete it from your system.