[Catalist] Wattle Seeds from space? Educational Opportunity

Kirsten Gottschalk kirsten.gottschalk at uwa.edu.au
Wed Sep 30 15:56:06 AEST 2020

Hi Educators,
Passing on the attached flyer and opportunity for an interesting space-related but down-to-Earth experiment.

All questions can be directed to the contact detail on the flyer, I’m just the friendly messenger here!

 What’ll happen to the wattle??!

One Giant Leap Australia Foundation will be sending wattle seeds to the International Space Station this November in collaboration with JAXA. The seeds will be in space for 6 months and then return to Australia in time for Science week.

Supported by the Australian Space Agency, the ‘What’ll happen with the wattle??!’ program is being offered to 150 schools across Australia.

How to apply

Go to https://onegiantleapfoundation.com.au/whatll-happen-to-the-wattle/ and submit a 200 word response and upload your video.

All the best,
Kirsten
Kirsten Gottschalk (She/Her)
Astronomy Ambassador

Ph: +61 8 6488 7771
Mobile: +61 438 361 876
[/var/folders/pw/82kkh3lj6hl73ycmhkhrw6j40000gp/T/com.microsoft.Outlook/WebArchiveCopyPasteTempFiles/image001.png]
<http://www.icrar.org>www.icrar.org<http://www.icrar.org/about/> | Subscribe to our eNewsletter<http://www.icrar.org/#subscribe> | ICRAR on Twitter<http://twitter.com/icrar> | ICRAR on Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/pages/ICRAR/199692286227>
I work part time and am in office and available from 8-4 Monday-Thursday.