[Catalist] Biology excursions and incursions with Nearer to Nature

Richard Olive richard.olive at dbca.wa.gov.au
Tue Sep 21 13:46:53 AEST 2021

Nearer to Nature's program of excursions and incursions for Years 7-12 in 2022 is now available; download here<https://www.dpaw.wa.gov.au/images/Nearer%20to%20Nature%20program%20brochure%202022%203.05MB.pdf>.

Nearer to Nature delivers education on behalf of Parks and Wildlife Service within Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions. The excursions and incursions address key content in HASS (Geography) and Science (Biology) curricula covering topics such as fire in the landscape; our native flora and fauna; WA's threatened animal species; our forest and wetland ecosystems; and Aboriginal culture and sustainability.

Several programs have been updated based on teacher feedback including Fire geography, Flora biology and Fauna biology. Regular clients will notice a new format for the brochure to make it more easily readable on-screen. We have also provided a summary table<https://www.dpaw.wa.gov.au/images/images/images/documents/get-involved/n2n/schools/brochures/Nearer%20to%20Nature%20program%20summary%20Years%207%20to%2012%20345KB.pdf> to get an overview of all offerings.

Excursions are offered at a range of venues around the Perth area including Dwellingup, Canning River Eco Education Centre, Piney Lakes Environmental Education Centre, Yanchep National Park and our base at Perth Hills Discovery Centre, Mundaring. The campground at Mundaring is free for schools to use when booking an excursion in return for some volunteer work.

You can start your booking by clicking the online enquiry link by the program in the brochure, alternatively you can contact our Booking Officer on 9295 2244 or email n2n at dbca.wa.gov.au<mailto:n2n at dbca.wa.gov.au>. For information to assist with planning your visit go to our webpage<https://www.dpaw.wa.gov.au/get-involved/nearer-to-nature/schools>.

Nearer to Nature looks forward to welcoming your class in 2022.

Richard Olive

Coordinator Environmental Education and Behaviour Change
Public Information and Corporate Affairs
Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

380 Allen Rd, Mundaring
P: 9295 2244  M: 0407 981 539
[cid:image001.png at 01D7AEDE.5E5B1840]

This message is confidential and is intended for the recipient named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not disclose, use or copy the message or any part of it. If you received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this message, then delete it from your system.