[Catalist] FW: Past, present, and future of agriculture in WA

John Clarke john at stawa.net
Mon Aug 8 10:19:32 AEST 2022

Thanks, Leon.

John Clarke

From: Catalist <catalist-bounces at lists.stawa.net> on behalf of Leon Harris <leon at quoll.com>
Date: Sunday, 7 August 2022 at 4:43 pm
To: catalist at lists.stawa.net <catalist at lists.stawa.net>
Subject: [Catalist] Past, present, and future of agriculture in WA
Dear Science Teachers,

The Royal Society of WA will be hosting a symposium in 7-8th of October
on "Past, present, and future of agriculture in WA".

We would love support student engagement in this. I am thinking of a
"meet the scientists" type of event. Royal Society presentations are
much like STAWA conference keynote speakers - they are interesting,
aimed at a general scientific audience, and you always learn something.

My question to the list is this: What kind of support would help you to
take some of your interested students to this type of event? There is
probably a reasonable amount of support available, but I am interested
in how best to apply it and I am sounding out the list so that we can
make this work for teachers and their students. Please feel free to
contact me on or off the list. leon aT quoll dot com is perhaps my best
address, please forgive the unusual writing of my mail.

Cheers,

Leon