[Catalist] FW: New ATAR Agricultural Science and Technology course workshops

John Clarke john at stawa.net
Wed Aug 2 11:35:31 AEST 2023

Hi All,
Hopefully, you received the SCSA communications regarding this course, but not to worry as have the backup below from Allan.

Regards,
John

Teachers of Science and teachers of Agricultural Science courses are advised that the School Curriculum and Standards Authority (the Authority) will be conducting an assessment workshop. The purpose of the workshop is to provide teachers with information on the Authority’s assessment requirements for the new ATAR Year 11 Agricultural Science and Technology syllabus to be implement in 2024.

The workshop is intended for schools that are offering the ATAR Year 11 Agricultural Science and Technology syllabus in 2024.

The workshops will focus on:
•             developing a shared understanding of the assessment requirements
•             development of a course outline and an assessment outline
•             unpacking sample support material provided by the Authority.

The workshop is online, via WebEx.

The date for the workshop is Monday, 4 September 2023 12.30pm – 3.00pm

The ATAR Y Year 11 Agricultural Science and Technology syllabus for teaching in 2024 is available on the Agricultural Science and Technology<https://senior-secondary.scsa.wa.edu.au/syllabus-and-support-materials/science/agricultural-science-and-technology> course page.

The workshop is not compulsory and is free to attend. Schools are responsible for any costs incurred, (for example, teacher relief) as a result of attendance at the workshop. Register for the workshop online at https://www.scsa.wa.edu.au/events/assessment-workshop-for-new-atar-year-11-agricultural-science-and-technology-syllabus-starting-in-2024-Webex

Thanks,
Allan

Allan Knight
Principal Consultant
Curriculum and Assessment
Curriculum, Assessment and Strategic Policy
School Curriculum and Standards
Department of Education
Street address: 303 Sevenoaks St Cannington WA 6107 | Postal address: PO Box 816 Cannington WA 6987
• (08) 9273 6792  |  • Allan.Knight at scsa.wa.edu.au  |  Website: www.scsa.wa.edu.au<http://www.scsa.wa.edu.au/>

[SCSA_logo_purple]                  [WW4WA_Sunshine-naidoc]
Kaya. I acknowledge the School Curriculum and Standards Authority is on Whadjuk Noongar boodjar and that we deliver
our services on the country of many traditional custodians and language groups throughout Western Australia. I acknowledge
the traditional custodians and their continuing connection to land, waters and community, and I offer my respect to Elders past and present.

Disclaimer:  The contents of this email and any attachments may be private and confidential and may be privileged or
otherwise protected from disclosure in the public interest.  If you are not the intended recipient of this email please notify
the sender, delete the email and attachments from your system and destroy any copies you have taken of the email and
attachments.  Before taking any action based upon advice and/or information contained in this email, you should carefully
consider the advice and information and consider obtaining relevant independent advice.