[Catalist] Free LabRats excursion at ECU Joondalup June & November 2023

Cass ROWLES c.rowles at ecu.edu.au
Thu May 25 12:54:10 AEST 2023

Good afternoon,

I'm the new Outreach and Engagement Coordinator for ECU's School of Science (succeeding Michell Austin & Emily Lette) and would like to share the opportunity to book into LabRats this year.

LabRats<https://www.ecu.edu.au/schools/science/events-and-activities/science-discipline/labrats> is a free annual event which provides an opportunity for Year 9 and 10 students and you, their teachers, to visit the ECU campus and enjoy a typical day as an ECU university science student.  Students will participate in several hands-on science workshops, hear from our current students and researchers about the amazing science that is being taught and researched at ECU, as well as some fun social activities to orientate them to and around the campus.

This year, there are five days you can choose from: June 21/22 or November 1/2/3. Each workshop can only accommodate 22 students, so please keep this in mind when making a booking.

Wed 21st and Thurs 22nd June bookings: https://www.trybooking.com/CHOKN
Wed 1st, Thurs 2nd, and Fri 3rd November bookings: https://www.trybooking.com/CHOKR

Usual timetable for each day:

  *   08.45-09.00   Registration
  *   09.00-09.45   Welcome and Amazing Campus Race
  *   10.00-11-00   Workshop 1
  *   11.15-12.15   Workshop 2
  *   12.15-13.10   Lunch (please BYO or purchase at cafes on campus)
  *   13.15-14.15   Workshop 3
  *   14.25-14.55   Pathways to University and Student Life presentation
  *   14.55-15.00   Wrap up and Farewell

If you have any questions about the LabRats program, or with the day's logistics, please reach out. I look forward to seeing some of you in the coming months!

Cheers,
Cass Rowles
Outreach and Engagement Coordinator
School of Science
Edith Cowan University |270 Joondalup Drive, Joondalup WA 6027 Australia
P: 6304 2467| JO 18.106 | E: c.rowles at ecu.edu.au<mailto:c.rowles at ecu.edu.au> | School of Science Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/schoolofscience.ecu/>
I work Tuesday to Friday. She/her.
[cid:image001.png at 01D98EF7.0EFEB4A0]
ECU acknowledges and respects the Noongar people, Australia's first scientists and the custodians of the lands upon which our campuses stand and operate.

This e-mail is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient you must not disclose or use the information contained within. If you have received it in error please return it to the sender via reply e-mail and delete any record of it from your system. The information contained within is not the opinion of Edith Cowan University in general and the University accepts no liability for the accuracy of the information provided.

CRICOS Provider No. 00279B
RTO Code 4756