[Catalist] FW: Free new Science teaching resource: The Invisible War

John Clarke john at stawa.net
Tue Apr 12 14:20:16 AEST 2016

Hi All,
Below is an email we received regarding a new, free resources. The resource may be of interest to many of you.

From: Dr. Gregory Crocetti
Dear STAWA,

I am delighted to announce the launch of our new Science-History graphic novel, The Invisible War.

The Invisible War is a gut-wrenching story about one nurse's heroic battle against death, dysentery and disease in WWI France. But the real action in The Invisible War take place within the microbiome of nurse's intestines - the ongoing battle between bacteria and viruses.

This innovative new teaching resource was created by Australian publisher Scale Free Network, in collaboration with microbiologists from Australia, France and the USA - and successfully tested in several Australian year 7-10 classrooms before release.

The Invisible War is now available as a free digital (PDF) download to all Australian teachers through Scootle - and is accompanied by free Science teaching resources, containing specific links to the Year 9 Science curriculum.

Links to download both The Invisible War and accompanying Science teaching activities can be found through the website: <http://theinvisiblewar.com.au/> http://theinvisiblewar.com.au/

We would love to promote this great new free resource to West Australian science teachers through STAWA and are confident this will be of interest to your teacher members!

Please let me know if you'd like me to provide any copy or images to support a newsletter story or email to members.
And with the story set in WWI, we think it will make great news in the lead up to ANZAC Day.

I look forward to hearing from you.

kind regards,
Dr. Gregory Crocetti

Gregory Crocetti
B.Sc. (Hons), Ph.D. (Microbiology), Dip.Ed. (Secondary), MASM
+61 403 733 628

Scale Free Network http://scalefreenetwork.com.au
publisher of:
Small Friends Books http://smallfriendsbooks.com