[Catalist] Year 11 and 12 morning of presentations - Murdoch University and Australian Academy of Technology and Engineers (ATSE) Wednesday 8th June 2016

Michelle Austin M.Austin at murdoch.edu.au
Thu Apr 28 16:21:46 AEST 2016

Dear Members,
I am writing to highlight an event we are hosting at Murdoch University on Wednesday 8th June 2016.
Murdoch University, in partnership with the Australian Academy of Technology and Engineering (ATSE) is pleased to be offering a morning of presentations aimed at students in Years 11 and 12, entitled: Australia at the Bulls-Eye: Global Food and Water. (Flyer Attached).
We are delighted that Professor Lyn Beazley will welcome the students/teachers and invited industry guests to the campus.  The welcome will be followed by presentations from Sue Murphy, CEO - Water Corporation and Professor Wendell Ela, Chief Scientific Officer - National Centre of Excellence in Desalination Australia - Murdoch University.
In her presentation, Sue Murphy will discuss how using innovative technology such as Australia's first full-scale Groundwater Replenishment Scheme will address the future water supply to one of the driest corners of the Earth and expects to achieve this remarkable goal by 2022.
Professor Wendell Ela will speak about the global food crisis which will put additional stress on Australia's water. The magnitude of this problem
and some possible solutions are waiting to be discovered by the next generation. This challenge positions Australia to become a predominant global leader in the next century.
Following these insightful and thought provoking presentations, the audience will be invited to ask questions of our guest presenters through an exciting and interactive Q&A Panel.
Date: Wednesday 8 June 2016
Time: 9.30am - 11.30am
Presentations and a break for morning Tea
Kim Beazley Lecture Theatre (No. 6 on map)
http://maps.murdoch.edu.au/static/downloads/south-street.pdf
Murdoch University
90 South Street, Murdoch
Refreshments provided.
More information can be found at:  http://www.experience.murdoch.edu.au/event/australia-at-the-bulls-eye-global-food-and-water/
TO REGISTER PLEASE CONTACT:
Emma Tristham - Academic Support Officer
Email: e.tristham at murdoch.edu.au<mailto:e.tristham at murdoch.edu.au>
RSVP essential by COB Friday 3 June 2016
We very much look forward to welcoming you and your students to Murdoch University.
Michelle Austin
Outreach Coordinator
Academic Registrar's Office| External Engagement

Murdoch University
90 South Street, Murdoch - ph: 08 9360 7319 e: m.austin at murdoch.edu.au<mailto:m.austin at murdoch.edu.au>

[cid:CDFC87CC-616B-4ACE-B441-6DDE2A9FF8DE]