[Catalist] Reminder Murdoch University Online survey

John Clarke john at stawa.net
Wed Aug 10 12:47:45 AEST 2016

REMINDER: YOU CAN STILL PARTICIPATE!

Invitation and Information Letter

SECONDARY TEACHERS OF WA,

On behalf Murdoch University, we would like to invite you to participate in an online survey, which seeks to investigate the involvement of teacher encouragement and the impact on student's post-secondary schooling options.

The aim of this research is for the Murdoch Aspirations and Pathways for University (MAP4U) Project team to investigate how school culture, school support systems, and the relational space within the classroom predicts teachers' appraisal of student engagement. In particular, MAP4U is interested in what you think about post-schooling options for students, class discussions with students and perception of student involvement.

It is important that you understand that your involvement in this study is voluntary.  While we would be pleased to have you participate, we respect your right to decline. There will be no consequences to you if you decide not to participate. You have the right to discontinue participation at any time without providing an explanation.

Your participation in this study and any information you provide will be kept strictly confidential.  Your name and any identifying details will not be used in publications arising out of this research. Personal information and responses from individuals will not be made available to anyone other than the researcher team.

The data will be stored for a minimum period of 5 years. The data is stored in locked cabinets and password protected computers at Murdoch University. This can only be accessed by HREC approved project officers.

If you would like to participate and complete an online survey, please click on this link https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LDJ73GM

If you would like to discuss any aspect of this study, please feel free to contact:

John Clarke
Chief Executive Office
STAWA
P: (08) 9244 1987
E: john at stawa.net<mailto:john at stawa.net>

Lynette Vernon
Project Director - MAP4U
Murdoch University
P: (08) 9360 7053
E: l.vernon at murdoch.edu.au<mailto:l.vernon at murdoch.edu.au>

The Science Teacher's Association of Western Australia and MAP4U would like to thank you in advance for your assistance with this research project.

Sincerely,
John Clarke