[Catalist] WA Museum - REMIX project opens today

Kim Flintoff K.Flintoff at curtin.edu.au
Tue Feb 2 15:46:13 AEDT 2016

A first of its kind event in Western Australia.

REMIX is about finding new ways to present our cultural heritage.

School children, innovators, coders and designers: we invite you to remix the Western Australian Museum's fantastic collection.

Primary school classes will engage with the theme of "Being Western Australian" through interpreting and illustrating three past, present and future Museum objects. Digital teams will then interpret the children's drawings - remixing and curating them into a virtual display.

Teachers can express their interest and enrol their schools during term one (2 February - 27 March 2016). The hack weekend will take place on the 30th of April / 1st of May 2016 at PwC's brand new Innovation Hub.

Prizes will be awarded to the hack teams and winning schools.

http://museum.wa.gov.au/remix

Cheers

Kim Flintoff
BA, Grad Dip Ed, M.Ed, MACE, MACEL
(AUC, AARE, AAEEBL, HETL, ISOC, AoIR, ISSOTL, ISTE, WAIER, PIE, HEVGA)
Learning Futures Advisor      | Curtin Learning and Teaching
Manager, Innovation Studio     | Office of the DVC, Academic

Co-ordinator, UNEP-DHI Eco Challenge Australia  (http://EcoChallengeAustralia.com.au)

Committee Member | Give to Change (Curtin Staff Giving)
Committee Member |  Curtin ALLY Network

Member, AU Technology Outlook Panel of Experts | NMC Horizon Project

Office |105 Level 1
Tel | +61 8 9266 2194 (VMB only - email preferred)

Email | k.flintoff at curtin.edu.au<applewebdata://C13CAD3F-19C9-4975-BA55-F6C4FEA0B4CD/k.flintoff@curtin.edu.au>
Web   | http://curtin.academia.edu/Flintoff