[Catalist] Gravitational Waves Event this Friday 19 Feb

John Clarke john at stawa.net
Mon Feb 15 12:53:22 AEDT 2016

Hi All,
The following invitation may be of interest to you and or some of your Physics and Maths students.

Gravity Waves Detected at last!
The Einstein-First Project and the Gravity Discovery Centre would like to invite all Science teachers, students and others with an interest in Science to attend this event.
Just as Einstein predicted 100 years ago Gravitational Waves have finally been detected.
Today we have exposed the tip of the iceberg. In the next decades the dark side of the universe will be revealed by gravitational wave astronomy.
The Gravity Discovery Centre is celebrating this momentous discovery and the critical contribution Australian technologies have made, including the work done on-site at the Gingin research centre.
We invite you to come along to the Q & A style presentation with a panel headed by Professor David Blair, who has been part of this research for 40 plus years, along with other scientists and students involved in the Australian and Gingin research.
Light refreshments will be served and guests will have the opportunity to visit the Observatory as well.
Here are the details.
Where: The Gravity Discovery Centre, 1098 Military Road, Yeal