[Catalist] ASMR Science in the Cinema 2016

Lelinh Duong lelinh.duong at student.curtin.edu.au
Thu Jul 28 12:59:09 AEST 2016

Good Morning,

I am sending this through again as a reminder that the Australian Society for Medical Research (ASMR)'s Science in the Cinema event will on Wednesday, August 24th at the Scitech Planetarium (flyer attached).

This year we are screening the new Will Smith blockbuster "Concussion".

The scientific themes within this film are highly relevant to the majority of contact sports including AFL, rugby union and rugby league and will set the scene for a lively discussion between students and our expert panellist: Dr Alex Strahan (West Coast Eagles team doctor), Dr Steven Honeybul (Head of Neurosurgery, Royal Perth and Fiona Stanley Hospitals) and Sarah Harris (PhD Candidate - Head injuries in the WAFL - University of Notre Dame).

The cost is $5.00, including food and drinks, which is heavily subsidised by ASMR to encourage maximum student attendance. If you are interested for your students to attend, please RSVP as soon as possible as places are filling up fast. Also, please feel free to pass this information on to your colleagues that may not have access to Catalist and given this year's theme, sport/PE teachers may also be interested.

Thanks and Regards,

Lelinh Duong
ASMR WA Committee Member