[Catalist] Global Teachers Prize Announcement Party

Science Outreach S_Outreach at curtin.edu.au
Tue Mar 8 18:22:56 AEDT 2016

Hi everyone,

Science outreach will be hosting an announcement party in honour of Richard Johnson being one of the top ten finalists for the Global Teacher Prize 2015 on Sunday night. The Science Outreach team has been associated with Richard for many years and is ecstatic that one of WA's own is being recognised for the amazing work he has done in STEM education.

We would love to see you there on the night! Please also pass this invite on to any relevant contacts in STEM and education fields, as well as anyone else that would be interested in cheering Rich on.

The event is free but please RSVP at the below link,
https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/global-teachers-prize-announcement-party-tickets-22641041966

More information below!

Global Teachers Prize Announcement Party

Local science education aficionado Mr Richard Johnson, from Rostrata Primary School is one of the top ten finalists for the Global teacher Prize 2015.

Come join Curtin University's live broadcast from the Conference Centre Atlantis the Palm, Dubai where Richard will be attending the celebration.

Be part of our hometown live link up transmitted to Dubai as we support Richard and all the finalists from around the world in this unique educator event, celebrating #teachersmatter and WA STEM education on the global stage.

The Global Teacher Prize is a 1 million USD award presented annually to an exceptional teacher who has made an outstanding professional contribution.

The honour, established by the Varkey Foundation, seeks to celebrate the very best educators - those who inspire both their students and the community that surrounds them.
https://youtu.be/CxS5BWaF9RU

WHEN
Sunday, 13 March at 10:00 PM - Monday, 14 March at 1:00 AM (AWST) - Yes, this time is correct. It's a live broadcast!
WHERE
Curtin University, Chemistry Resources Precinct, Kent St, Building 500 Room 1102 AB:EX, Bentley, WA 6102, Australia

Kind regards,
Cassie

Cassie Paxman
BSc(Chemistry) GradCertScComm
Science Outreach Officer | Faculty of Science and Engineering

Curtin University
Tel | 9266 5274
Office | 314.121

Email | cassandra.paxman at curtin.edu.au<mailto:cassandra.paxman at curtin.edu.au>

Curtin University is a trademark of Curtin University of Technology.
CRICOS Provider Code 00301J