[Catalist] Free Tuition for High School Students.

Chris Hale chris.hale at uwa.edu.au
Fri Mar 11 14:04:27 AEDT 2016

UWA’s Education Lab offers free academic support for students in STEM (ATAR and non-ATAR) and a chance to get involved with hands on science!  This program is open to students from Year 7 – Year 12.
Sessions run on Saturdays from 10am – 12pm at UWA.
The aim is not to spoon feed information to students but to facilitate their learning.  Students are encouraged to work, through their peers and Learning Mentors, on problems they’ve brought with them. Some weeks there will be science activities for part of the session.  See https://www.enkel.co/enkel-education-lab/  for more information and to register on line – Applications now open!
Or find us on facebook - https://www.facebook.com/groups/educationlab/?fref=ts
The Education Lab’s learning community is not only for students but also for Learning Mentors. Our Mentors are a mix of STEM university students and graduates working in the field. We provide a peer support network, where mentors can meet, share ideas and attend workshops to help improve their skills. By creating these communities students and Mentors can form support networks with their respective peers. This facilitates a collaborative learning environment empowering students to stay in STEM fields and create their own future opportunities.

Chris Hale
Faculty of Science
W: www.science.uwa.edu.au<http://www.science.uwa.edu.au/>
[cid:image001.gif at 01D17AE1.62DD36F0]<http://www.uwa.edu.au/>