[Catalist] FLL Information Session 2016

Cassie Paxman Cassandra.Paxman at curtin.edu.au
Tue Mar 15 18:04:28 AEDT 2016

Hello Catalist-ers!

The below may be of interest to you regarding information sessions for the First Lego League. Great opportunity to get students involved in robotics, programing and problem solving.

Cheers,
Cassie

[Curtin University]<http://www.curtin.edu.au/>

[Curtin University Bentley campus]

FLL Information Session 2016

Dear teachers and parents,

The FLL information session are coming up and Luan Heimlich from FIRST Australia will be running a series of 90 minute briefing and training sessions about First Lego League (FLL) and FIRST Technical Challenge (FTC) on the 6th and 7th of April 2016.

Luan has coached FLL/FTC teams in Australia and the United States of America and currently oversees FIRST programs in Australia.

Who is this for?

These sessions are open to school teachers, coaches and mentors of FLL and FTC teams so we would like you to come along and find out about what FLL is all about, and how you can get involved this year!
What is FIRST Lego League?
FIRST LEGO League teams research a real-world problem such as food safety, recycling, energy, etc., and are challenged to develop a solution. They also must design, build, program a robot using LEGO MINDSTORMS(r) technology, then compete on a table-top playing field.
It all adds up to tons of fun while they learn to apply science, technology, engineering, and math concepts (STEM), plus a big dose of imagination, to solve a problem. Along their discovery journey, they develop critical thinking and team-building skills, basic STEM applications, and even presentation skills, as they must present their solutions with a dash of creativity to judges. They also practice the Program's signature Core Values.
To find out more about FLL at Curtin University visit the following link to our program web page.
http://scieng.curtin.edu.au/about-us/outreach/first-lego-league-fll/
Event details
Event:

FLL Information Session 2016

6th - 7th April 2016

Time:

Multiple sessions on each day

Location:

Engineering Pavilion, Building 216
Curtin University
Kent Street, Bentley

Event registration

Please register here<https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/first-lego-league-fll-information-session-2016-tickets-22371090534> by 30thMarch to attend the information session.

[Register now]<https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/first-lego-league-fll-information-session-2016-tickets-22371090534>

Further information

If you have any special requirements to enable you to participate at this event please advise when you RSVP. We will contact you to provide assistance.

For information about disability services at Curtin, please visit disability.curtin.edu.au<http://disability.curtin.edu.au/>.

Make tomorrow better.

Curtin University is a trademark of Curtin University of Technology
CRICOS Provider Code 00301J