[Catalist] Integrated science and Human Biology General courses

Glenda Leslie gleslie at ais.wa.edu.au
Tue Oct 25 12:59:45 AEDT 2016

Hi Linda,
STAWA has a set of resources that are just right for the General Yr 11 and 12 HB.
The Exploring HB Stage 1 workbook closely matches the Yr 11 course and Exploring HB Stage 2 is very useful for the Yr 12 General course.
The Exploring Human Biology Teachers Resources for Stage 1 and 2 (USB ) contains sample programs, assessment guides, background information and links and assessment tasks.
No, there are no answers to the Stage 1 and Stage 2 workbooks as they were written for students to explore and discuss the results to promote the understanding of the basic concepts.
These resources are not written specifically for the General course, but they will save you a huge amount of planning time because it is easier to modify than to create these from scratch.
The workbooks are written to be support to an inquiry-approach to the course. This is the best way to engage and motivate students who will be taking a General course.
Go to the NEW STAWA website at www.stawa.net<http://www.stawa.net> and click on Publications in the top ribbon; select Human Biology and the resources will come up.
There are also some exceptional BARGAINS on the Stage 1 and Stage 2 workbooks at the moment. Be quick to get in.
Cheers,
Glenda
Glenda Leslie
Curriculum Consultant  |  Science
[https://www.ais.wa.edu.au/system/files/page_related_files/2016/01/aiswa_l_colour_transparent.png]
Mobile    0438 115 914
Direct     (08) 9441 1628
Suite 3, 41 Walters Drive Osborne Park, WA 6017
www.ais.wa.edu.au<http://www.ais.wa.edu.au/>